« it doesn't make sense i should fall for the kingcraft of a meritless crown | Main | The random nature of things »

leaffin

Smooches from Mexico

by leaffin at 06:54 PM on April 11, 2005

Well, Im living it up in Mexico in the moment. I met up with an Austrian friend here that I know from my time in Nicaragua, and weve been doing a pretty good job of wreaking havoc in the state of Chiapas together. We also did a good job of partying it up and generally terrorizing the locals of Nicaragua together. Were parting ways tonight, though, which is a sad occasion. But then again, I also have no one to cheer on my scandalous ways as a traveller. Which is good... maybe Ill calm down for a bit. However, what I really wanted to talk about was this:

Why are some folks really quite good in bed, but they cant kiss worth shit? I met a Mexican, and we ended up hooking up after a few days. First night, we were both drunk, so on a scale from 1-10, it was about 6 or 6.5. Second time, ditto. Third time, both very sober and the experience was upped to an 8-8.5, but I realized that this Mexican just really just cant kiss worth a damn. So, maybe thats why my drunken memory just gave the first experiences a 6-6.5. Kissing brought the whole thing down a bit. I ended up with half a slobbery face (nose down), and thats just not that pleasant. Nor is it pleasant to have to stop things in order to wipe all of the drool off of your face.

It is not, however, a general Mexican phenomenon that they cant kiss. Another Mexican I met can indeed kiss, but I dont have more of an idea of bedroom skills other than general groping in a crowded bar. Snoging again on another occasion reconfirmed that the smooching skills were there for Mexican #2.

I personally would think that if someone is good in bed, they would probably be skilled in the kissing department. But Ive discovered on more than one occasion that thats not the case. However, I dont think Ive ever met anyone that was a good kisser who was bad in bed. Does this happen, too? Is this a case of blood flowing to one body part and then the mind just not really thinking about controlling the mouth/tongue? I dont get it. If youre in tune with what gets a person off, shouldnt you be able to kiss them in a way that turns them on, too?

Tonights my last night in town here, and Im trying to decide which of these too I should hang out with. I think Ill probably go for bad-kisser-good-in-bed (somewhat convenience reasons.. works and lives at the hostal Im staying at) instead of good-kisser-no-idea-about-bedroom-ability (thought I might go to the bar this Mexican works at tonight.. though hopefully not with Mexican #2). Well see. Maybe I can smooch #2, then head to bed with #1. Ah, the life of a single female traveller. Its rough, all these decisions I have to make.

Why must you choose? Have both. Tho the kisser may be bummed when screwboy takes the reins.

by anna at April 11, 2005 7:08 PM

Update: Too tired to go to Mexican #2s bar, so I stayed at home and enjoyed an evening with #1. Happy with my decision. You can kinda get used to lots of slobber if other things make up for it.

by Leaffin at April 12, 2005 11:52 AM

These are the kinds of challenges I find intriguing. Have you considered telling #1 that he has a peculiar way of kissing, and offered to give him lessons or pointers? It's the kind of thing that could turn out to be wonderfully romantic, or a simple disaster depedding on how yo go about it. But that's the trick. If it works well, I'm sure he would love to know, and to have the chance to practice with you. Imagine, you get the chance to shape (or influence) the romantic technique (and thus the romantic experience of two people) of this person for the rest of his life. How often do we actually get useful feedback from people when it comes to how to touch them, or how to please them? Rarely. Here's a chance to change that.

by chris at April 12, 2005 4:54 PM

Damn Chris, that is profound. I find between-sheets instructions tremendously titillating. But you're right, it's how you go about it. Maybe deeds are better than words. A little to the left. Just like that.

by anna at April 12, 2005 6:34 PM

Ya know, you've kind of taken Linz's place here. But oddly, a post like this of hers might have generated 50 comments. Then again, most of the recent material hasn't generated much.

by anna at April 12, 2005 6:51 PM

I dont think that anyone can take Linzs place. However, I can try to be a regular female poster. :)

I did think about giving the guy some pointers, but I was leaving in a day or so, so it wasnt really going to be worth the effort. There was someone else that I started kissing back in September who was a really bad kisser the first time we smooched... but he was also drunk. I really was going to sit him down and teach him a thing or two about the art of smooching, except the next time we kissed, he was sober and actually not all that bad.

I started to talk about the bad kisser/good in bed phenomenon with a Canadian woman I met here, and she said that she finds that thats the norm, rather than the exception. Good kisser = bad in bed, according to her.

by Leaffin at April 13, 2005 2:35 PM

Hmmm... maybe I should watch out for the good kissers then. Though the couple I've thought were really good in bed were also good kissers. Maybe it's different for gayboys?

by snaggle at April 13, 2005 3:57 PM

Last night? Hang out alone... feel the warmth of the ocean, the quiet...

by Lockheed at April 13, 2005 9:43 PM