« I got the pistol so I'll keep the pesos and that seems fair | Main | I wanna be sedated! »

lajoie

and i walked away from everything i leaned on, only to find it's made of wood.

by lajoie at 08:37 PM on September 09, 2004

The best parts of me believe that I should take the briefest of moments to say hello to all and wish everyone a merry new school year. Or maybe that's just for me. It looks as if I'll be stealing MG & Snaggle's dueling roles of time-starved student.

My grandest apologies for falling off the face of the earth, though thereís another bluff to fall from in sight. Orientation starts next week. I'll get an ID card, a quick instructional on how to use the library, and probably at least one decent panic attack.

And so it is, after twelve days in a car and four balding tires, five thousand miles worse-for-wear, I have only one solid observation that I am comfortable in sharing: the east coast is goddamned H-O-T.

LaJo my man, it's great to see your Nissan commercial mug once again. Been pelted with water balloons in alleys lately? Where the F are you and why?

by anna at September 10, 2004 7:33 AM

Lajo! Good to see you back my man. If you think this is hot, wait until June, July, and August. Now that shit is HOT!! Better yet, as Linz can attest to I'm sure, try Hotlanta in the summer. Uggggg.

by Ezy at September 10, 2004 9:54 AM

Ahh, i'm up here in school country (Boston/Cambridge environs) for just that. School and country. Actually just school. Grad school. Should be a hoot.

What I need to do is check back to catch up with what's been going on here, but I haven't had a consistent internet connection for weeks, due to moving and traveling. Then once I do (next week), I'll probably have to write a paper. Or draw something. You just can't have it both ways...

Glad to be back though.

Never did see that commercial.

by lajoie at September 10, 2004 9:55 AM

I've actually done some living here before. It's just that it's hot like I can't remember. Literally. Not that I mind after the cold San Fran summers that Mark Twain made famous.

Sometimes, I could see my breath IN my apartment during the summer. Not kidding.

by lajoie at September 10, 2004 10:04 AM

And that is one reason I picked LA over San Fran. Though it has been 'melt the flesh off your bones' hot here lately...

by snaggle at September 10, 2004 12:43 PM

ugggggggggggggg

by The puddle that was Linz at September 10, 2004 2:32 PM

It's not the heat, it's the humidity. Hot enough for you? We sure could use the rain. I'm always like, what the F am I, a farmer? I don't need the rain it just complicates our soccer season. Then again, it does wash my car.

by anna at September 10, 2004 6:36 PM

Stay cool, Lajoie! It's good to hear from you.

by jean at September 10, 2004 6:58 PM

"Boston cancelled. That's okay, it's not much of a college town anyway." Show those preppies in the East what a little bit of LaJoie can do for them. We'll miss you back here.

by CausticAcrostic at September 11, 2004 4:09 PM

Love those Tap references. Who's in here? No one. It's a catastrophe.

by anna at September 12, 2004 10:47 AM

Thanks Jean + CausticAcrostic. I made it through day one without keeling over. It's not so bad, this school thing.

Now, agro Northeasterners on the other hand...

by lajoie at September 14, 2004 9:00 PM