« We're just two lost souls swimming in a fishbowl | Main | your voice gives me goosebumps when you call my name and I want to goosebump again »

ezy

When it rains it pours

by ezy at 10:36 AM on March 23, 2004

Sorry to have dropped off the radar lately. Amy has been going through some pretty heavy shit and I had to be there for her.

Last Saturday Amy found out that her uncle, who lives in Missouri, was in the hospital and not doing so well. In fact, he actually died and had to be brought back then placed on life support. We called Delta, paid the fee to change her ticket and off she went to comfort her family. I didnít get to go due to another ticket being $900 that we just didnít have lying around. They took her uncle off of life support Monday of last week and he died shortly afterward. While picking out flowers with her aunt, for her uncleís casket, she received a call from her sister. It was even worse news. Her twenty seven year old brother had been struck by multiple cars and killed trying to cross interstate fifteen in Las Vegas. She called me and I got back on the phone with Delta to bring her back home. She arrived in Dulles airport around 11:30pm and we went directly from there to Richmond where her Dad and sister live. We spent the rest of the week with them and just returned on Saturday night. Sheís doing as well as possible and Iím doing everything I can to make this horrible situation easier for her. I probably wonít have a lot to say for a bit but will be back as soon as I can expend some energy for that purpose. Iíll be lurking.

Oh, god, Ezy... I am so sorry to hear that!!! Thank goodness she has such a wonderful man to help her through this. I can't even imagine... God. Sometimes we are reminded just how fragile we are. Good luck hunny.

by Linz at March 23, 2004 11:31 AM

holy shit.

i hope things get better soon. if there's something i can do for you guys all the way on the left coast, let'r rip.

good luck to you two. i'm really sorry to hear that.

by lajo at March 23, 2004 12:20 PM

Thank you guys. I'm not too sure what else can be done. She's just going to have to let the grieving process run its course. At least I have been through this more times than I would like but it helps me help her. I'll pass on your condolences. They're very appreciated.

by Ezy at March 23, 2004 12:26 PM

wow. my condolences. sheelagh's dad died earlier this month, and it's been crazy ever since. things are starting to die down some, but it's not always easy...it's always lurking just under the surface, ready to pop up whenever she's reminded of him. just remember that it's not an overnight thing...it'll take quite a while. but i guess you already know. my thoughts and prayers are with you and amy and her family.

by JC at March 23, 2004 4:26 PM

Your title says it all. So give Amy... whatever it is you say when a series of tragedies like that occur. I'm so sorry.

by anna at March 23, 2004 6:22 PM

Yea, she's on the roller coaster right now. I can coax a smile out of her and make her laugh at times then the next minute she'll break down.

Thanks JC, sorry to hear about Sheelagh's Dad. That's a tough one. I know it was hard when I lost my Mom. It's been five years and I still break down sometimes. They're less frequent but aren't any less painful.

Thanks Anna. What can you say? I have no idea.

by Ezy at March 24, 2004 10:03 AM

I'm so sorry to hear this. My condolences also.

by jean at March 25, 2004 1:38 AM

That sounds awful. I hope you're doing OK. If you need help in Missouri, let me know.

by MrBlank at March 25, 2004 11:05 PM

Thanks Jean and Blank. We should be coming out to Missori April the 22nd. I have my ticket already so we just have to get Amy on the same flight. We'll have to hook up for drinks if time allows.

It's tough seeing Amy this depressed and not being able to do anything about it. I wish there was some way to take her pain, if only for a minute, so she could have a little peace. Death sucks the big one.

by Ezy at March 26, 2004 10:05 AM