« If flesh could crawl my skin would fall from off my bones and run away from here | Main | Everybody's talking about the new kid in town »

jen x

I feel pretty... oh so pretty

by jen x at 10:56 AM on February 06, 2004

So, I decided that it was time for a change. I'm tired of being overlooked and having lame hair, especially in the middle of winter when life is blah anyhow.

I shored up my courage, got a highly-recommended name (from my coworker friend with crazy hair), and took my plain boring self on down.

This is the before picture:

And this, this is the after:

Me, I like it. So do my coworkers and my trainer -- the response to it has been amazing. I couldn't move yesterday for people stopping to style it or touch it or rave over it. It was fantastic; I've never had a reaction like that to anything I've ever worn or done before.

The fun of the hair is styling it however I want, and then other people come and style it too. Today is more of a sleeker style, but still poofy and awesome looking. I've also exchanged my glasses once more for contacts, and I use a little bit of makeup to play up my big blue eyes.

Sometimes being a girl (and having money) is awfully fun.

For anyone who wants to see further pictures of the new hair (and a few weird pouty-type faces), here you go.

Now, where are the lineups of boyfriends that I was promised? :)

You are adorable! Love it!!!

by Linz at February 6, 2004 11:06 AM

Either we have lost all our readership due to the slow pace of posting lately or the men are afraid they will freak you out by telling you you're hot.

Damn! Nice haircut!

by Linz at February 6, 2004 3:43 PM

Sexy hair there hot mama. I looks fabulous. How far is Canada again? Dooh! I'm taken ;-) Great cut though.

by Eay at February 6, 2004 4:29 PM

yes, agreed. the haircut is hot. someone's definetely getting laid tonight.

*kicks self*
*promises to stop cutting own hair*

by lajo at February 6, 2004 5:19 PM

I like it too. It's got a whole retro 80s thing going that is hot. Also, I checked out your site. I even left a lame comments.

by anna at February 6, 2004 6:08 PM

Where are the pictures of your *other* new hair-do?

by Eviltom at February 6, 2004 6:55 PM

This is the part where I tend to get into trouble. You mean, there's a difference? Ok. It looks good - but I don't think I would have noticed(!) if you didn't tell me. I worked for 5 years with a female grad student who had blond hair down to her ass. One day she came in with it cut above her shoulders. It took me 3 days to notice that something was different about her - despite the fact that I tend to pay very lose attention to people around me - just not to certain details about how they look.

by chris at February 6, 2004 7:34 PM

Might I say "Hubba, hubba"? It's amazing that a simple hair cut take you from "girl next door" to "riot grrl next door."

by mg at February 6, 2004 8:59 PM

I think Iím too much of a guy because I donít see much of a difference. I think people are responding to the change in you attitude more than the look. Either way, it works. Way to go! I miss the glasses, though. Chicks with glasses are HOT.

by MrBlank at February 6, 2004 11:26 PM

Well, it's a little easier to see that there's a difference when you see it in person -- it's much shorter in the back and does a cool duck's ass thing... it's hard to make the differences obvious with just one or two pictures (especially ones I take myself).

I still have the glasses MrBlank, so don't worry too much about that; I'm just kinda vain about my eyes and like to play them up when I can. :)

And tragically, still no getting laid. :(

by Jen at February 7, 2004 10:36 AM

Great cut, Jen! Good call!

by jean at February 8, 2004 11:21 PM

You go girl! Smoking haircut !!

by Kenna at February 12, 2004 9:10 PM

I prefer your old hair cut.You looks pretter than with new hari cut.
I like changes even in look (external).It is better if we can change internaly (mind).
But sometime simple thing like chaing hair cut, outfit etc. are triggers to change out attitude.
Anyway Jenx , pls don't angry with me ,keep on your attitud of changing.

Regards

by Kith at February 13, 2004 12:49 AM

Lots of time the late night comments read like the writer is drunk.

by anna at February 13, 2004 8:08 PM

nice hair i like it i wouldnt mind if my hair was done like that u are goin to get laid tonight hell ya u are.

by marissa at June 11, 2006 12:15 PM