« i took my baby on a saturday bang | Main | More Musings about Buildings and Food »

mg

they grow up in the most delightful way

by mg at 11:57 AM on November 20, 2003

I have something to admit. Some deep dark secret that has haunted me for years, that I have kept buried deep down inside me, that I have not revealed to anyone, but will now expose to a group of people, most of whom I have never, and will probably never, meet.

This untold secret is that, as a young child, I was molested by Michael Jackson. Well, at least someone named Michael touched me on my no-no spot. And still does so up to, and including, this very morning.

Is anyone surprised that M.J. is being charged with kid touching? Does anyone think he’ll actually spend a day in jail? The question that bugs me is whether he is a kid toucher because he is crazy, or has his craziness always been a diabolical plan to get off, if ever does actually get indicted for the kid touching? Because, seriously, will any jury in the world, looking at that distorted Joker face of his be able to decide that M.J. is sane and able to be held responsible for his actions?

Say what you will about the guy, he had one messed up childhood. During his interview earlier this year Michael spoke about how his dad beat him, and that every time he sees him now, he gets nauseas. Joe Jackson’s response was that he didn’t beat him, he only whipped him with a belt. Hitting him with a stick would have been beating him.

Lets ignore that fact that there is never a reason to beat, I mean whip, a kid. But if that kid is generating millions of dollars a year for the family on his young talent, there should be no transgression great enough to warrant a beating, I mean whipping.

Joe: “Did you brush your teeth?”
Young Michael: “No, but here is $100. Now lets forget this whole thing.”

The point is, I think pedophilia is just about the worst crime imaginable. But there really isn’t going to be justice in this case, because will anyone feel better seeing Jackson do jail time? Or doling out another $12 million to the kid’s family? And even if M.J. spends five days a week, 8 hours a day in therapy, I don’t think there is anyway this guy’s psyche will ever be repaired, much less his face.

i have this weird feeling that this time he gets busted, and right before jail, he disappears or hangs himself. the fear of being the jailblock's queen of pop will just be too great.

by lajo at November 20, 2003 12:17 PM

Screw him. If it's proven, in a court of law, that he's guilty then fry him like any other bastard that would molest a child. I don't give a rat's ass if he was whipped with a tree as a kid; that doesn't give him the right to ruin another child's life. If you had a shitty childhood I truely am sorry but it doesn't excuse or explain to any satisfaction why you would scar a child that way. My parents whipped me, when I deserved it, as a child and I'm not out molesting kids or participating in any other deviant activities to hurt other people. What it did for me is to make me stop and think before I did something I knew was wrong. If it was worth taking a whipping for then I went ahead and did it, if it wasn't I didn't. I hope, for the child's sake, that this is some trumped up charge to extort money from the Jackson family. I don't have much sympathy for Michael Jackson. Sleeping with other people's kids, in the same bed, when you're not related or a close family friend is very suspicious to me. Just because he's Michael Jackson doesn't make him good or sane.

by Ezy at November 20, 2003 12:26 PM

i don't mean to deflect too much blame from an obviously transvestite-ish pederast, but wtf are the parents thinking, letting their young kids sleep at his house? godwilling, if all this bike riding doesn't render me sterile and i can father, i'd sooner rape a lynx than let my kid sleep over at his "adult friend's" house. fuck that.

by lajo at November 20, 2003 12:40 PM

Ezy, agreed about getting whipped when you deserve it, but what about when you don't? From the stories that have been told MJ was whipped over some really trivial things, you don't think that has some sort of lasting damage on someone?

by MJ2k2 at November 20, 2003 3:38 PM

MJ2K2, being whipped (beaten) for no reason is abuse plain and simple. It's a terrible thing for MJ to have to go through. I do have sympathy for him in that respect. That was something completely out of his control. What I do have a problem with is things that are within his control. Just because you have millions of dollars and are a huge star doesn't give you the right to abuse children, if he did at all. Even if he didn't, it doesn't give him the right to have that kind of access to other people's children. I blame the parents probably more than MJ though. He's not a relative to these kids or even a close family friend, of the parents, that has been around for years. He's a pop star with a lot of money and fame. These parents who are letting their kids sleep over at a, more or less, stranger's house needs to have their heads examined, at the least, or their kids taken away. MJ has already been accused of molestation and hung his own child over a balcony for God's sake. Is that a safe environment for you to send your child to unsupervised? I don't think so. If MJ does have a problem stemming from his childhood beatings then he should seek and obtain help to be able to deal with them. Easier said than done, I know, but if he's worried about it leeking to the press and spoiling his "good name" I think he's a little late for that. If anything I believe it would gain him more respect and sympathy for trying to do the right thing.

by Ezy at November 20, 2003 4:14 PM

I guess all that will be sorted out in court, as the kid's family ruled out any settlement. But while I hated all of his solo work, some of the Jackson 5's work still sends chills up my spine it's so good. And most of that is him, done while suffering that abuse. That's gotta count for something. It's not like he's one of those creepy Catholic priests who never contributed anything to the culture.

by anna at November 20, 2003 6:36 PM

holy baloney, i wonder if everyone hasn't seen this yet.

i'll be pulling the sheets up over my eyes tonight.

by lajo at November 20, 2003 11:36 PM

Young Michael, in the Jackson 5 era, was incredibly talented. He had a great voice and that X-Factor (in American Idol terms) that made him infinitely interesting to watch. Somewhere between then and puberty, he lost the actual singing talent, but he still had enough X to release two of the most popular albums of all time (Thriller and Bad). I heard some industry person say on TV last night that Michael would have to release a very special single for people to forgive his current situation. I think at this point MJ would have to cure cancer for people to forget this whole situation.

One note, apparently the parents not only let the kid sleep over at the ranch, the all lived there together. That, and some other info I read, and this story begins to smack of the kid touching being okay as long as Jackson took care of the family, but once that ended, they decided to go legal. If the parents knowingly put and kept their child in this situation it is almost worse than anything Michael could be accused of.

by mg at November 21, 2003 8:56 AM