« Girls just wanna have fun! | Main | Hot Beef Injection? »

mg

one million five hundred seventy-six thousand eight hundred minutes (give or take)

by mg at 01:03 PM on October 03, 2003

There was a time, not too long ago, but it seems like it was forever, that I was addicted to this website.

Over the past three years, and especially during those times when I was unemployed (though admittedly often while I should have been working), I would spend a good portion of each morning crafting a perfectly witty and timely, though thoroughly grammatically flawed, post. Then I would spend the rest of the day responding to comments and religiously check on the stats to see how many people were visiting the site, who was linking it up, and lets not mention all the rest of that Google fun.

Well, if it isn’t obvious from the fact that I haven’t posted anything in more than a month, I seem to have shaken that particular monkey off my back, though I can’t say the same about Madden, which has taken up entirely too much of my time over the past few weeks. Madden and trying to down as much Vanilla Coke as possible before they inexplicably decide to take it off the market and all I’m left to do to satiate my need is to pour vanilla extract and plain old regular Coke into my mouth and swish it around like, well, something out of a Japanese scat film.

The point is that I haven’t been around much. Why I’m back is, well, for one, despite the fact the wide receiver pats the quarterback’s butt after a great throw, it’s all virtual, and if I’m going to have someone touch my ass, virtually, I’d rather have it be a real person than an artificial intelligence and I just know if I start posting regularly again I’ll be getting all the virtual ass grabbing I could ever hope for.

The second reason is because, since no one else is as likely to notice or mention it is I, I’m back today specifically to mark Bad Samaritan’s third anniversary. That’s right, this website was started three years ago, today, way back in the hazy recollections of the year 2000. I can honestly say that at the time I had no inkling that, three years later, not only would this site still be around, but that it would be what it is, and as successful as it has become.

What’s more, when I think about my life on October 3rd 2000, then 2001, then 2002, and now 20003, I can only think “Oh my, god.” I don’t think I could have imagined from one year to the next about what my life would have been like from one year to the next. And if someone had told me where I’d have been and asked me to explain how I got there, I could never have done. Shit, if you ask me now how to explain how I got from A to B to C I’d be unable to do it, but then, all I’d have to do is look through the Bad Samaritan archives.

So, on it’s third anniversary, here’s to you Bad Samaritan, the record of a life. And for all the other Bad Samaritans, a record of all our lives. Scary, no?

Happy birthday to us, happy birthday to us!

Who'da thunk it?

by snaggle at October 3, 2003 1:35 PM

Mg, I'm grabbing your ass in celebration! And what the hell... Everyone else, consider yourselves goosed.

by Linz at October 3, 2003 1:53 PM

One more thing mg... looking through the (heinously long) list of your past posts... I am freaked out by the number of titles that we have both used. "psychosomatically I'll sing to god & all his pretty girls"??? Not likely. I'm seeing them tonight, btw. Friend's band opens! Woohoo!

by Linz at October 3, 2003 2:05 PM

Happy Anniversary, BadSam, and here's to more posts from MG.

by jadedju at October 3, 2003 2:38 PM

It's our birthday! Yaaaaaaa Lady! Ass grabs back at all of ya and a reach around to boot. Welcome back MG. You have been missed. Wooohaaa! I have a justification to get drunk tonight. Not like I wouldn't have thought up something anyway but, oh hell you know what I mean.

by Ezy at October 3, 2003 3:14 PM

Three years? That's it? I thought it had been longer. You reminded me that I've had a form of my blog up for more than two years. For some reason BadSam seems much, much older. It must be the insane amount of posts in the archive. *ass is ready for grabbn'*

by MrBlank at October 3, 2003 3:38 PM

Happy Anni.

I love Bad Sam.

by syd at October 3, 2003 6:19 PM

woo! three years. you know i went around counting blogposts i'd done over the three years i've personally been doing this, it's how i ended up back here.

i had to stop counting, it was scaring me.

bad sam rocks.

by lizard at October 3, 2003 7:05 PM

Well, this is a good thing all around except I'll have to decline your reach-around Ezy. Nothing personal.

I've posted here for a year or so but I lurked in cowed silence long before that. I used to root around in those hazy '00-'01 archives. Mostly it's just MG with a smattering of Snaggle and no comments to speak of. But somewhere in there is your classic post about the man unloading strange meats from the trunk of his car and you just peering at him. I've been unable to locate it. What is it called?

by anna at October 3, 2003 7:08 PM

Al-noor Halal

by mg at October 3, 2003 7:13 PM

Happy Anniversary! Gooses all around! And what a long, strange trip, MG... indeed!

by jean at October 4, 2003 12:07 AM

"But these were big dead things." Priceless.

by anna at October 4, 2003 7:25 AM

ok. where's my god damn goodie bag?

by lajoie at October 4, 2003 4:11 PM

Three years? I've been on here for at least a year and a couple months and I can't buhlee dat! Here's to three more and three more years of spilling your guts on the ground like some pagan fortune teller.

by eff at October 4, 2003 9:21 PM

So mg, since you're the father of BadSam.... does that make me the mother or just like an uncle?

by snaggle at October 5, 2003 7:45 AM

happy anniversary!

by Shannon at October 7, 2003 7:20 PM

ahh fuck. the site worked mg. arnold's the new guv. i wonder if he slips and accidentally hails satan at his inaugural.

by lajoie at October 8, 2003 12:19 AM

I thought he was into the Fuhrer. LaJo, did you vote? What about Jean and anyone else on the west coast? I'd have voted for Mary Carey cuz she claimed she'd sign bills nekked.

by anna at October 8, 2003 7:01 AM

yeah i voted....against the recall. from there i went green. fat lot of good votes do. hey, at least i don't live in orange county. they're probably goose stepping down broadway there.

by lajoie at October 8, 2003 11:59 AM

I voted no on the recall, also. Mary Carey was great. If you can find it, you have GOT to see her sole campaign commercial, which aired once during Jay Leno the night before. There were tons of people at the polls. I know that a lot of people will use this as an excuse to hate California even more, but considering everyone seems to hate L.A. quite a bit already, I may not feel too much of a difference.

I really didn't like any of the main options. Take Gray Davis. He just passed a bill last month identical to a bill he vetoed last year and swore he would never sign unless it was dramatically altered. He's a career politician in the worst way. And Cruz Bustamante, the only commercial he's been running the last few weeks has just Hispanics in it. No other races represented. In it he only addresses Hispanic concerns. In his last rally he was surrounded only by Hispanic people. I figured it would be a serious act of self-hatred for any non-Hispanic to vote for him. So I passed his chad over, with extreme prejudice.

by jean at October 9, 2003 3:21 AM

H. Klinton vs. Obama. How you think who will win elections in Unated States of America?

by XXLKlintonLobby at March 20, 2008 3:33 AM