« If you're not part of the future, then get out of the way | Main | SPLASHING IN THE GENE POOL »

effenheimer

Be Bop-a-Lula

by effenheimer at 07:20 PM on October 21, 2003

I am currently drunk at work because we had a shin dig for all the VIPs in town. Senator Tom Harkin was invited. I'd like to say we spent a good 15 minutes talking about Iraq, but he blew us of like lint. The mayor didn't even show up. Somebody must've forgot to tell him there was free booze here. Other than that it proved to me that I am even more popular than I thought, everybody loves me and now it's time to go home, alone, and pass out now that I am bloated on shrimp, good cheese and reasonably-priced wine. Maybe I'll get me a hooker.

There are some among us who can still remember when being drunk or otherwise intoxicated at work was not at all unusual. But you type so well wen slooshed unlik me woith my brokn finger.

by anna at October 22, 2003 6:58 AM

heehee... "slooshed." Hee!

by Linz at October 22, 2003 8:01 AM

Drunk posting! Yeah! More drunk posting!

by MrBlank at October 22, 2003 8:32 AM

anna, what happened to your digit? were you flipping off and old lady, who it turns out was an undercover narcotics officer...who then walked over and discretely snapped it in two?

i ask because i fear this happening one day.

by lajoie at October 22, 2003 11:37 AM

drunk @ work happens at least once a month here. the bar's about half a block away, and we've dubbed it "conference room c." nothing like knocking off at 3 o'clock for a meeting there...i wonder how much money the school has paid me over the years to get wasted? probably not as much as i paid them as a student...

by JC at October 22, 2003 4:25 PM

"Shin dig." Sounds like a particularly painful and distressing medical procedure.

by anna at October 27, 2003 6:36 PM

shin dig: the result of catching your shin on barbed wire when climbing through a fence to go cow tipping

by JC at October 27, 2003 8:05 PM

effenheimer you are truely an original... You make me proud to be an american...errr afghan.. oh whatever the hell i am. Good Show!

by bigblueafghan at November 11, 2003 4:12 PM