« I would tell you all about my past but then I'd have to kill you | Main | Find a job, settle down, perhaps you'll even marry »

mg

do'h!

by mg at 11:54 AM on June 19, 2003

I managed to do something very stupid. I accidentally deleted the site off the new server and now have to move the old site from the old server and redo all the damn fixes that I've been doing over the last couple days. I'm very frustrated with myself because everything was working fine, and now I have to fix all the things I'd already fixed (plus still fix all the things I'd yet to fix), and nothing is worse than trying to do coding fixes while you are angry and pissed off. Sigh. So, please feel free to tell me I'm an idiot now.

work damn you!

by mg at June 19, 2003 12:06 PM

Just in case you were wondering, all the posts and comments from the past couple days are probably lost forever. However, to authors - if you happen to have a copy, please repost, others - if you have a saved copy of one of those pages in your cache, please send it along to me. If you don't know what that means, don't bother.

by mg at June 19, 2003 12:19 PM

Check google for cached pages ;)

by tek at June 19, 2003 12:31 PM

Yeah, having to re-do shit, ie; 'start over from scratch', yeah, that's a god awful feeling. Oh yeah, that's got to be a really fucking shit feeling, and not only 'starting from 'scratch', but 'first' having to dig out of a fucking whole just to get to 'scratch' oh, yeah, that's got to be the most annoying, um, yeah, I know your pain, mg, uh huh, yup, I practically broke my fist on the fucking bloomberg terminal, one of the 'four' monitors gonna cost $3000, that's bullshit, they fucking charge your ass for using that thing in the first place and it's slow on the goddamn economic indicators, so by the time you get the info, you've missed the boat, and then I get charged for that shite? I hate everything so much these days. Do OVER. RESET. WORK HARD all over again, just to get to the BEGINNING of the RACE.... yeah right.

by LOCKHEED at June 19, 2003 3:35 PM

You lovable idiot, you.

by Lucy at June 19, 2003 5:14 PM

You know how obsessive I am about the comments. My post about shock radio fared very poorly in that department and is now deleted. So maybe I'll just substitute something else. And I can't call you an idiot when I don't know what a cache or a server or anything even is.

by anna at June 19, 2003 5:47 PM

MG, could you fix my MT? When I try to redo my categories I get this: " Saving category failed: Tie ... blank/db/category.db' failed: File exists " I'd fix it, but I can't access my files.

Thanks!

And you aren't an idiot. I need to learn how to back up my files anyway.

by MrBlank at June 19, 2003 9:08 PM

i'm an idiot. now!

ha! that gets me every time!

by capital j at June 20, 2003 1:42 AM

yeah i meant to mention it when you first announced you'd gone to the new server, but as of then, i've been getting no graphics at all. The only colour on my screen is from a purple text box half way down the screen and a hundred little red crosses in blank boxes where graphics should be. Can anyone tell me why this is?

by tim at June 20, 2003 9:33 AM

Still having problems logging in MrB?

I think I fixed the image problems. I wasn't having them, so it has to do with blah blah blah. FOr those people who were having problems, are you still having them?

by mg at June 20, 2003 9:50 AM

Oddly I had that problem once @ work but not home. Seems fine now.

by anna at June 20, 2003 11:39 AM

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone.

Yep, it's fixed!

by Linz at June 20, 2003 12:31 PM

GREAT, now i got a case a blue balls! Thanks, MG!

by eff at June 20, 2003 9:05 PM

Is it just me, or does MT's little pop-up window for rebuilding appear in the main window instead, after an entry has been edited? It's annoying. Maybe a bug?

by MrBlank at June 20, 2003 9:26 PM

yeah, everything is pretty again now!!

by tim at June 21, 2003 7:40 AM

you moved somewhere else? do i know about this? can i just cancel now?

by liz at June 23, 2003 7:09 PM