« O Cum All Ye Faithful | Main | fair use: bombweiser »

On Girls Are Pretty

by anna at 06:13 PM on April 03, 2003

I got an unexpected 1/2 day off and have thus been exploring various nooks and crannies of this site. I have noted that this site is now directly linked to BadSam. It's a site I used to follow regularly.

Y'all really should check it out. This person consistently cranks out unique, quality prose unlike anything I've ever seen. As far as I can tell, he never misses a day. And many times he or she can post without using the word "the" @ all. That is an amazing feat.

Odder still is the fact that, unless I'm missing something, there is no comment mechanism on Girls Are Pretty.com. He or she just sits there cranking out this material solely for his or her own gratification. He or she requires no feedback whatsoever. Amazing indeed.

Wow. That is a phenemonemal concept. He does have an email address. That first post about the baby, it just makes me seem like it was the Husband that was worried about the Baby. What is 'family'? Family makes you worry. Love makes you worry. Is it worth it?

by LOCKHEED at April 3, 2003 8:55 PM

I have no idea what he's up to. Maybe MG does. All I know is, as Lockheed noted, it's phenomenal.

by Anna at April 3, 2003 9:33 PM

Wow, This is the second time in two days that I read something by someone else that I wish I had written. I am not sure that I have a coherent thought a day, so the fact that this person creates these pieces is fabulous. ee. cummings is said to have written a poem a day for about 18 years, maybe this is the type of output Girls Are Pretty is shooting for. Amazing.

by iz at April 4, 2003 12:33 AM

I don't mean to split hairs but it's interesting to me that you assume, even though the author's screen name is "pretty girl" that it's probably a he. I know, you throw in "he or she" after that, but still...

Do you just assume that such genius could only flow from the fingers of a dude? What crap Anna. The old Anna would never have said that.

by Linz at April 4, 2003 8:52 AM

Hisssssss. CAT FIGHT!!!!!

by Ezy at April 4, 2003 9:49 AM

Actually, Girls Are Pretty has been linked from here for around 6 months. I guess no one bothers to click links. Lazy bastards.

I've read the site for a while now and always thought that the GaP author was in fact a girl. Something distinctly feminine about the writing style.

by mg at April 4, 2003 10:34 AM

Linz, chill. You're brilliant and I think you're a girl. Fact is, I disagree w/ MG. No girls I Know are that demented.

by Anna at April 4, 2003 6:06 PM

Brilliant, eh? Hmmmm, yes...

*becomes pacified*

by Linz at April 7, 2003 9:27 AM

Thought that might work. When I was single I used to tell girls I thought they looked homely but I was in awe of their intellect. Maybe that's why I was so lonely.

by Anna at April 7, 2003 6:07 PM