« No one needs to eat all the pasta they can eat | Main | Larry, we hardly knew ye! »

jen x

And a cry to the heavens was heard by all

by jen x at 06:33 PM on April 29, 2003

Has anyone else ever been shushed by their partner during sex? Or had someone place a hand over their mouth to try to accomplish a shushing? How about been post-coitally offered a pillow?

The funny thing with the first and last incidences is that, in those cases, I was being quiet. At least, as best as I could; the pillow offer involved only a lot of heavy breathing on my part -- the noise factor was quite effectively contained.

When I was shushed, well... I was doing the best I could. What can I say? When the getting's good, I'm very vocal -- I find it's a challenge not to be noisy, and it actually feels better to do some hollering... which is why that hand over my mouth was rejected -- I turned my head to the side and kept up my vocalizations. What do I care if the neighbours hear? It's just proof that my guy is showing me a damn good time.

I'd invest in some ball or cloth gags, but I really don't think they'd do any good. If biting my arm or choking off as much of the noise as I can doesn't work -- and if I like to be loud and it feels better -- I'm not convinced that a gag really would. Maybe I'll just send the neighbours some ear plugs.

You should try putting on a Canine-Muzzle. That would be so penultimately 'hot' during sex, that it would turn a homo straight.

by LOCKHEED at April 29, 2003 7:34 PM

MG, your recent comments slidewindow is currently flawed. Some of the slide thingy gets pushed away from the window and gets hidden behind the window explorers fatfucking addresswebmeasurethingymargin. I write with the greatest of concern.

by ERROR at April 29, 2003 8:16 PM

Ball gags good, at least occasionally

(regardless of whether it makes a difference if the neighbour hears you...)

Might make you feel like you're in pulp fiction or something...

by ChuckWoolery at April 29, 2003 8:41 PM

Noise -- except perhaps for too many instructions (e.g. "Faster! No, slower! Left, dammit, left!")-- is terrific. What I hate is the silent ones... the ones who make no noise, barely move, stop breathing when they're about to orgasm, and then maybe they'll let out a *peep.* My god, unless my parents or kids or (stuck for another example here) were in the next room, I'd never dream of shushing you. A hand over the mouth? Bite him! And warble away!

by Itchy at April 29, 2003 11:10 PM

The only thing better than a noisy gal during sex is a noisy gal that TRIES to go silent due to circumstances.
I 'm not sure why I like it, I guess it feeds my ego!

by necropethamenos at April 30, 2003 3:58 AM

I'd say noisiness is good so long as it isn't forced. And how do you know your neighbors don't enjoy hearing you go off?

by Anna at April 30, 2003 7:52 AM

wail away! That dude is crazy.

if the neighbors don't like it they should yell back. Like my mom did when we were at a hotel once...

Them: oooooh.... ooohhh yeaaahhhh... YEAH!!
My mom: oh for GOD'S SAKE!!!!!!!!
Them: (silence)

by Linz at April 30, 2003 12:18 PM

That's hilarious. I think if it was me being yelled at, I'd crack up laughing; at least, that's what I did when an ex's roomie walked in on us. I have a sense of humour about these things.

Anyhow, the one guy who shushed me, I should mention -- there be parents and brothers around. ;)

by Jen at April 30, 2003 12:20 PM

noise is definitely key, except for those parents-in-the-other-room situations. mine are hard core catholics, so i gotta keep the monkey business on the down low when i'm home visiting. but if it's anywhere else, let 'er rip!

by JC at April 30, 2003 12:31 PM

When I first went to college, the dorm I'd lived in were built in the 70s and were meant to be temporary housing. Unfortunately, it was the 90s, and the buildings leaned, so much so that there'd be cracks between the supporting walls and the walls seperating the rooms. Well, one day, a couple weeks into the first semester, my neighbor stops by and ask "Did you hear anything? Too loud?" I told him no, his music didn't bother me at all. And he kind of shly said, "Not the music," and we both busted otu laughing.

by mg at April 30, 2003 12:53 PM