« Work: The Curse of the Drinking Class | Main | Thanks you stupid bitch! »

uberchick

Rockin' Fender Benders

by uberchick at 11:46 PM on February 27, 2003

When I retreated South for the winter, I thought I'd escaped the ridiculous amounts of snow and the frigid cold of NYC. Little did I know that it'd be hot on my trails. So far, I've been so ankle-deep in snow that I'm beginning to think I should go back for at least the amusement factor of snickering at the scenery of Times Square's latest tourism traps and watching the travesty going up in my old 'hood. Or at the very least fuel up my dating life with a little less gettin'-on-my-nerves and a little more loosening up my nerves. Ah, good times, good times.

It's been snowing for two days straight now. I was on my way home from the university library, (one of the few places still open to escape cabin fever--where has my life gone?!?!), chain-smoking and trying to keep my terrorist-supporting SUV from doing the twist, when the inevitable happened. You see, my terrorist-upping vehicle wasn't the only one that couldn't keep the James Brown out of its slick wheels. Right into my bumper came the little red Audi TT as it struggled to come to a stop at the light.

Who dares bump my terrorist mobile?!?! I lit up and got out of the car to wage my own little war.

But how could I when the little red Audi that could, did? From it came such a hottie as I've not spotted since I left the city that my rage fleeted and a blush sprang to my cheeky cheeks. He was awfully nice, awfully hot, and even offered me one of his own ciggies as I was just putting my eleventh one of the quarter hour out. I took it and we shared a smoke while exchanging information and talking about how bad the weather's been.

"I came down here for a warm winter, and this is what I get," I said, rolling my eyes, which led to a convo about him being from Boston and me being from NYC. Which led to a more convo about how much we miss our respective cities. Which led to him inviting me to join him and his friends for drinks at a local bar that used to feature the Dave Matthews band before he sold out got big. Which led to me nonchalantly, but not too nonchalantly, accepting, while deep down thinking how retarded I felt for being all about going drinking at an ass-backward bar where yesterday's alternative bands used to play. Yay me!

Lucky for him, my terrorist mobile came out of it with only a scratch and lucky for me, I am going to meet hot boy with hopefully more hot boy and girl friends for some hot drinks. Hot!

Red corvette...baby you're much, well, quite simply, I just gotta say, baby you're much to fast...
So it's not EvilTom(secret poster)? Or has Uberchick had a coveted seat on the BSBOT for awhile now? Otherwise known as:
BSBOT The Bad Samaritan Board Of Trade. The only exchange that makes a market in the PLID spread. Apparently, I'm logged on to BS enough that I can post frequently. So Lockheed's bid for a seat on the exchange is in. Just tell me what I have to do. Was thinking, I could do a weekly or daily MARKET recap. It would be geo-political and all that good stuff that keeps sites like this running. gonna listen to YES now. Roundabout.

by LOCKHEED at February 28, 2003 1:04 AM

I love the Audi TT. My girfriend insists it's a chick car, but I have never seen a woman driving one.
Also, it's pretty clever to juxtapose "hot" boy with cold weather, but otherwise I'm sick of people complaining about weather. This is my 26th winter on earth; I've recognized a pattern and I'm dealing with it.

by douchenation at February 28, 2003 2:04 AM

douche... dont listen to lockheed. the audi is cool.

by eviltom at February 28, 2003 8:51 AM

Unless the Audi TT is the 225hp Quattro 6-speed, it's a chick car. I dig the fact that uberchick drives the SUV. A potential relationship based on vehicular gender-bending. Neat. Do you drive an International Scout?

by Joseph at February 28, 2003 9:56 AM

oh, I get it...lockheed=my girlfriend. That's pretty good. And Joseph is right--the 180hp TT is a piece of joke.

by douchenation at February 28, 2003 11:58 AM

Who has the cuter picture, Uberchick or Linz? I think I'm going with Uberchick at this point. Linz strikes me as hot, but she has that sultry "man-eater" look going on--that intimidates me. (MG and Eff can battle it out for the bronze.)

by douchenation at February 28, 2003 12:03 PM

I respectfully disagree. The Linz picture is much cuter. The hair hanging down does something strange for me. Strange in a good way that is.

by ChuckWoolery at February 28, 2003 12:42 PM

The only sensible way to settle the Linz/Uberchick debate is to have the ladies fight it out in a mud pit.

by Eviltom at February 28, 2003 1:03 PM

Ok, boys, no need to start trippin'. I can't speak for Linz, but the question of who's cuter is moot. We're both hotties in our respective ways.
Though, if I were to choose, I'd pick Linz over any of you to spend some quality time in the mudpit. :)

by überchick at February 28, 2003 1:26 PM

Boys, boys, boys. Why is it every time a woman (or MG) posts the comments end up sexual? Besides, no one uses mud anymore. Apple sauce would be nice though, maybe with a little cinnamon.

by Joseph at February 28, 2003 1:30 PM

Eek, no cinnamon, thank you, or it'll make me break out into allergic hives, and that would not be hot. Fudge would be hot!
Keepin' it sexual, one samaritan at a time...

by überchick at February 28, 2003 3:12 PM

I thought jell-o was used now.

by MrBlank at February 28, 2003 5:28 PM

To me all today's cars look identical.Yet some are considered sexy (Corvette) or "chick cars" (just about anything VW makes these days.) Guys should shatter this stereotype and start tooling around in Cabriolets. This will ensure that they remain celibate and don't spread genital warts.

by Anna at February 28, 2003 6:03 PM

Till...till the tropic sun grows cold, till this young worlds grows old... I'll still be loving you all, Anna, Uber, and Linz. I might be filing for Chapter 11 unless I get my accountant to do some funky ass shit for my system.

by LOCKHEED at February 28, 2003 8:08 PM

Mmm, jello.
Anna, I like guys that drive little cars, esp with a manual transmission.
god, why did that sound so dirty in my mind???
Thanks for the love, Lockheed. Good luck with that Chapter 11... you'll be in numerous company.

by überchick at February 28, 2003 11:14 PM

Maybe because of the obvious phallic implications of a stick shift, especially if it has one of those...knobs you curl your fingers around.

by Anna at March 1, 2003 12:28 PM

I used to bang...er, date a girl with a Cabriolet. Whenever we went anywhere, she would hop in the passenger seat by default--assuming I wanted to drive. I must say...Germans know how to engineer an automobile, because even though I looked queerer than a Chinese red-head behind the wheel of that car, it was still fun to drive. That rat-trap had about 250,000 miles on it (I'm referring to the car) and it ran like a charm.
My last car--2000 Honda Civic Si, was a real screamer (had to sell it to move to NYC) My next beast will be a Mitsubishi Evo--just need a job and a garage!

by douchenation at March 2, 2003 3:00 AM

Ah, the Mitsu Evo....I'm hoping for a WRX STi. After my previous comments I'm a bit embarrased to say this but, unfortunately, I sometimes drive a chick car of my own. I guess I was lashing out. That damn Audi TT may be a chick car too, but it's cooler than my 96 VW Golf. It may only be a 4 cylinder, but it is a knobby stick shift. When I feel I need to destroy the environment, and perhaps the errant Hyundai, I drive my big ass by gas buy gas Suburban. I felt it necessary to add that so I could still claim I'm straight, which I am, really.

by Joseph at March 2, 2003 2:02 PM

VW's are great, but I don't get the Mitsubishi Evo (finally just looked it up). Looks like a bastardized Camaro...

by überchick at March 2, 2003 4:58 PM

It's hideous, but it hauls balls and has AWD.

by douchenation at March 2, 2003 5:15 PM

joseph, i don't think vw GTI's are chick cars, in fact they are pretty sexy vehicles. Much more of a turn on than a gas-guzzling, transfer-case-leaking, hog the road Suburban!

by shannon at March 3, 2003 10:28 AM

TTs are my dream car. I want a silver convertible one. Anyone? Anyone?

I can't believe they are debating our hotness, uberchick. Clearly we are both beyond quantifiable. Thanks for the compliment... ; P

by Linz at March 3, 2003 5:37 PM