« Lend Me Your Ears And I'll Sing You A Tune | Main | Bah Humbug! »

guest

Blissfulness, togetherness, some fools fool themselves I guess

by guest at 04:23 PM on February 14, 2003

<ed note> Some special Valentine's Day thoughts from a Bad Samaritan comment regular. He is gunning for a spot in the regular rotation. Does he deserve a call up to the majors? * You decide. </ed note>

Here it is. Valentines day again and I'm alone. I have been bombarded by commercials with men upon bended knee, proposing undying love to blindingly glowing women. What's wrong with this picture?

The love I know is fleeting, painful, and, at times, down right spiteful. Maybe I'm being a bit negative but love has hurt me more times than I can count. I remember all too well that sinking feeling, in your stomach, when you find out that you're living a lie and the other person you cherish is growing away from you. That is a shitty feeling.

It's one hell of a diet though.

Fuck Jenny Craig. Just go out there, give your heart to someone else, for safe keeping, and wait. It's coming. Then BAM! Your heart is ripped out, your trust demolished, and you're on the plan. The smell of food no longer stirs any hunger pangs. You're content to wallow in your own misery existing on alcohol, if that's your bag, or any other self depreciating substance you can get your hands on.

Over the course of a few weeks the pounds seem to magically melt away. You can wear the clothes in the back of your closet again and look pretty damn good with the exception of the dark circles, due to lack of sleep and tears. This is all a part of the process to get you ready to go back out there and do it again.

What a vicious circle. I'll never understand why we put ourselves through this kind of abuse. I mean, we're the ones with opposable thumbs and large brains right? A lot of good it does us in matters of the heart. We might as well be dragging our knuckles, hooting, and throwing shit at one another.

I'm, generally, a very optimistic person and I think I have a good outlook on life but damn, this subject stumps me. I'll tell you one thing though, I'm going out there to do it again, very soon, and it scares the shit out of me. Oh well, If it doesn't work out at least I'll be able to fit my fat ass back in my 34 pants.

<ed note> (sorry for all the baseball metaphors, spring training started this week and I'm giddy) </ed note>

If I'd know this was going up while I was composing mine, I might not have needed to bother. It's rather better at saying much the same thing.

I say sign him up - the more the merrier.

by Muad'Dib at February 14, 2003 4:40 PM

Sign him up and ditch the others who haven't posted in over six months.

by MrBlank at February 14, 2003 5:06 PM

I like this person's writing style....he/she states things in a very matter-of-fact way, which I enjoy. It's a little hard to diferentiate the humor and wit from what's not meant to be humorous, but I like that.

I say ADD this one to the regulars!!!

Tom (A.K.A. Stonehendge)

by Tom McGlynn at February 14, 2003 5:13 PM

Give the man a home!

by bandwally at February 14, 2003 5:24 PM

...quote from poster"...when you find out you're living a lie..." Especially if you're a delusional stalker, and the girl only looked at you once, and you ended up sending flowers to her childhood home! Whew, talk about downright spiteful. I agree with this poster. And I'm actually going on a date to see Man of La Mancha with an elderly lady tonight, so I'm in a good mood. Lockheed says, initiate him to the BadSemite Round Table, he needs an audience...he's hurting inside... I can help.

by LOCKHEED at February 14, 2003 5:31 PM

I say let the man speak.

Hoot, hoot
*throws feces*

by Joseph at February 14, 2003 6:00 PM

She was a hottie in the mall Lockheed. What was I to do? She looked twice too!! The flowers may have been a mistake but............... spiteful. How elderly man? And by the way.....help!!

by Poster at February 14, 2003 8:26 PM

Hooot with feces back at ya Joseph ;-)

by Poster at February 14, 2003 9:42 PM

Oh yeah! Bro this is gospel. Women say "where are all the good men?" Well I say good men are everywhere, it's just irrational, overly emotional women that screw us up. Give this guy a slot, to speak for us all.

by dutchwhiskey at February 15, 2003 7:18 PM

Secret poster, secret poster, secret poster. What up, dawg? How you doin'? You know what, I thought that was an okay performance, but I wasn't totally feelin' you. I need a spark dude. i need SOMETHIN'. It was just okay dude.

by Randy at February 16, 2003 3:19 PM

Dutchy my man. This was never meant to be a gender specific post. We've given as well as taken in this arena.

by Poster at February 17, 2003 4:16 PM

I agree with Randy. The post was neither good nor bad. The topic and angle are both familiar, and I didn't see anything that made me think, "wow." To continue the baseball analogy, it was a good practice swing. How about giving him/her a few more posts to see if he/she can hit a home run? (Or maybe at least a double.)

by jean at February 17, 2003 9:00 PM

Yah.. maybe I'm projecting my own experiences into this article... my shrink says I should... eh, screw it, I'm stickin' by my gunz!

by Dutchwhiskey at February 18, 2003 4:26 PM