« out from the kitchen to the bedroom to the hallway | Main | One Simple Question »

Bones of Contention

by anna at 11:26 PM on December 14, 2002

So MG deleted a snide remark or two from someone who happened upon this forum. BFD, it's his site. Hell, I'm sure he could block comments if he wanted. But my guess is he wouldn't.

Every once in a while someone seems to stop by by, stir up a hornet's nest and then disappear. All I have to add is that, given the tenor of the comments that survived, I'd love to see the ones that didn't. Or maybe not.

MG subtly suggested I tone down my posts, perhaps focus more on my pitfiful suburban existence. He also asked for another picture of myself which will be forthcoming once certain technical difficulties are overcome. EvilTom, it will be much more revealing.

I'm one of 14,000 employees of a "Financial Services" company, a tiny cog in a sprawling machine. Still, I try to treat clients and others as human beings. Alas, I fear I'm among a dying breed.

Case in point: My family had our mortgage with the same company for six years. Then it was sold to the Mortgage Company From Hell (MCFH.) Suffice it to say we disagreed about certain matters including the timing of late paymnts.

So boy was I elated when it came time to refinance. But just imagine my chagrin upon learning that, after multiple reshufflings, we wound up w/ MCFH as our mortgage company once again.

Okay-fine, it's the known evil. Or not. I Have literally spent two hours on the phone with MCFH, negotiating voice mail gauntlets, only to learn that, after dealing with four brain-dead customer service reps, I must prove that payments I've already made were indeed made. Otherwise we'll be living outdoors. The burden of proof has evidently shifted.

The more lip service companies pay to "customer service" the less you'll ever receive. More and more, the customer is made to feel like Dorothy and her comrades in The Wizard of Oz, groveling before the mighty corporate god who holds all the cards.

Not that I'm upset with the employees of Wells Fargo Mortgage Company.

Do you work for Washington Mutual? And have a series 6,63,7and life insurance license?
Anyways, Anna, why should they bother being efficient refinancing your debt? They ain't gonna make crap in profit margins, just wait until old Greenspan jacks up the rates, and you'll have to beat these customer service jackasses with a bat. They'll be sending you flowers and making snow angels with your kids just as long as you sign on the line that is dotted.

by Tone-downed Lockheed at December 14, 2002 11:42 PM

Hey, Lockheed...you sound like a cynic. Oh, maybe I should say a "reformed idealist." Anyway, your Anti-Semitism must be grounded in some sort of "factual" information. After all, it is a human tendancy to generalize--even a chinky Jew stand-up comic will tell you that.

by douchenation at December 15, 2002 1:15 AM

Here's an open question to all: Why have I not had my balls busted at the airports? I mean, everyone hates my guts at first sight--mainly because I look like a hit-man with a hangover, but no one has pulled me aside and given me the anal probe they give 80-year old women. Why is that?

by douchenation at December 15, 2002 1:32 AM

Son, your officially on Anal Probation.

by Lockheed at December 15, 2002 1:40 AM

***I think my last message got deleted, so I'll start over***

Anna, will you be my girlfriend? I mean, I could give a good fuck about trees, but your "social obligation" stuff is right on the money. I have told my immediate family for the past five years to not buy me anything for Christmas--that I would be donating a large sum of money to charity in lieu of gifts, and that they should do the same. They say, "oh, that's a great idea." Yet, each Christmas morning (or "mourning" in the words of the immortal Petrus Steele) I still open boxes of clothing I couldn't fit into even if I went on the Heidi Klum vomit diet. I have nothing against those who celebrate Christmas, but leave me the fuck out of it! If you're free to practice it, shouldn't I be free not to?

by douchenation at December 15, 2002 2:04 AM

MG, as the care-taker of this forum, has every right to eliminate frivolous postings. This site (in my humble opinion) encourages--for the most part, intelligent discourse. Undoubtedly, we've all been on the web when some skeezix types some shit for pure shock value. That's fine if you're at pogo.com and you're trying (usually successfully) to get a rise out of losers with room-temperature IQs. However, this site, from what I've gathered in a few short hours, does not lend itself to such behavior. Kudos, MG et. al.... just don't eliminate my postings! Keep the ideas coming until Ashcroft (or financial contraints) shuts us down!

by douchenation at December 15, 2002 4:14 AM

Well,well. Now that I've openned my Christmas present early I can actually see the names o those who comment. Namely a 17" monitor. No I'm not inclined to be anyone's girlfriend. Agree w/ douchenation abut MG reigning in the torrent o weird commentary. Ditto Forced Christmas. And I think I like Toned-down Lockheed a little better.

by anna at December 15, 2002 12:51 PM

Wow,
I must have been in an alcohol-induced stupor last night, because I don't remember writing most of those posts. It's funny though; I'll stand by everything I typed.

by douchenation at December 15, 2002 12:58 PM

I agree with the nation of Douche and Anna in regards to comments of shock value with no substance, which renders it 'shockless', unless you are one of those 'gifted' people, suffering from an ailment clearly diagnosed in the DSM IV of Psychiatry and clearly accepted by society as 'okay', a great term, not sure if Douch coined it, but he's mentioned it: Chronically Offended. [CO] can be alleviated but not cured by Paxil, and cognitive behavioral therapy, which involves the following: Realizing the Infinity of Impermanence and that we are all Expendable and that it's OKAY.

by Lockheed at December 15, 2002 1:19 PM

"We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion"
--Maynard James Keenan

by douchenation at December 15, 2002 2:04 PM

Which must also mean, "All this Joy is an Illusion", which also means, ILLUSIONS serve a necessary purpose, as necessary as REALITY.

by LOCKHEED at December 15, 2002 2:30 PM

Nice to hear from a fellow TOOL fan--those guys are brilliant. It's a shame everyone is too busy listening to Puddle of Mudd and other tripe to notice.

by douchenation at December 15, 2002 11:25 PM