« it's a bouncing baby blank | Main | more traffic in it than mariah carey's vagina »

mg

strike! strike! strike!

by mg at 01:22 AM on May 13, 2002

This is an official work stoppage. I refuse to post again until people recognize the brilliance of my math joke (see below).

Anyone who crosses the picket line will officially be labeled a scab, and should expect rotten fruit and many a hateful epitaphs hurled in their general vicinity.

You have been warned.

Gross=gross. Two meanings! A pun! Two different adjectives. OMG, that is so damned funny! I wish I was a math geek so I could think of things like that. mg is the man.

by Charles at May 13, 2002 3:11 AM

What do you want us to do-- trace the history of math, jokes, math jokes, the word 'gross', double meanings in literature, and wit and humor in general all in an effort to explain why that math joke is the most hilarious and brilliant collection of words and numbers ever put together in the history of the universe?

Right! I'm on it.

by Adam at May 13, 2002 9:22 AM

OK, that was a good one. I guess you have to start "em early to really appreciate a good math joke. From my son's "First Book of Jokes":
Q: Why was 6 afraid?
A: Because 7 8 9.
That used to crack him up when he was a pre-schooler. Go figure

by Bob the Corgi at May 13, 2002 3:46 PM

Seems there was this horse that could do math. When strapped for cash, his owner made some decent money on the side showing off this talent. He'd take the horse to town and let people give it problems to solve.

"What's two plus three?" someone would ask - and the horse would stamp his hoof five times.

"What's twelve minus nine?" another would throw out - stamp - stamp - stamp.

It all went fine until the owner took him to a college town. A professor of math decided to give the horse a real test and offered up an analytical geometry problem. The horse neighed and whinnied, bucked and reared - and finally broke loose from it's owner and ran away.

From which everyone determined that you just can't put Descartes before the horse.

by Muad'Dib at May 13, 2002 4:59 PM

Q: What do you call a one-sided nudie bar?
A: A Moebius strip club.

by MrBlank at May 13, 2002 7:24 PM

Q: What does the little mermaid wear?
A: An algae-bra.

by MrBlank at May 13, 2002 7:27 PM

Er, sorry, MG - I've just been laughing too hard for the last two days over the math joke to type a response. Yeah, that's the ticket.

by Chris at May 13, 2002 9:23 PM

by Chris at May 13, 2002 9:35 PM

See - laughing so hard I double-posted!

by Chris at May 13, 2002 9:35 PM

OK, now let's tell medical jokes:

Q: How do you tell the sex of a chromosome?
A: Look in his jeans.

Genes. Jeans. get it. It 's funny even though it is not biologically accurate.

by Bob the Corgi at May 14, 2002 11:01 AM

I am still cleaning up sprayed coke on my monitor that irrupted from my mouf after reading why the 6 was affraid of 789. Because seven ate the nine!!!!! THAT KILLED ME! (is your son single?) hehe :-)

by Pristine at May 18, 2002 12:20 AM