« I'll have the ChooChooChili | Main | Death to the Infidels »

mg

rock the casbah

by mg at 02:52 AM on March 31, 2002

I'm not sure I could ever hope to explain the following question, so I don't think I will even try. Basically, I am taking a survey. "Should I stay" and suffer the abuse of someone who has treated me nothing but badly over the past couple years? Or "Should I Go", no matter how painful it might be, and no matter how bleak the prospect of ever being in love again might seem right now?

I really shouldn't be posting this at all, but I've just completed four solid nights of drinking. Considering four nights is about as many night as I've gone out drinking in the past month or so, I'm seriously cashed.

Still, I'll be sober tomorrow, and the question will remain. Should I stay or should I go?

go. you deserve better but you won't find it as long as you are tangled up in an unhappy relationship. give yourself time to heal - but don't drown yourself in alcohol. that's just making it worse. the pain will be over much faster if you let yourself go through it and try to learn from it.

[she said, with the voice of experience]

by lavonne at March 31, 2002 12:55 PM

go! go! crisply, and with alacrity! don't dawdle! get the heck out! you will find someone worthwhile, someday, possibly after you've stopped looking, that does happen.

she does not deserve you, Michael.

by kd at March 31, 2002 9:01 PM

Yes, you should "git yer arse outta dodge" for greener pastures in ROME! Huggles MG, you will do what is best and I will be thinking of you!

by Pristine at April 5, 2002 12:40 AM

I cant comment wtf? Arg...

by Pristine at April 5, 2002 12:41 AM

Go

by jean at April 5, 2002 3:52 AM

please, please leave, sweetie. i know i'm in MN and not NY and so i can't offer any door-to-door gifts of good books to borrow and the such to make anything any better, but i like you very much from what i know of you and it seems you know the answer to this question. so i hope you've already kicked this person's ass to the curb (since it's about a week later now that i'm finally reading this). you deserve so much more.

by mrh at April 6, 2002 2:24 PM

Dude,
Not knowing the entire situation and being just over a year on the otherside of being late, I hope that you have found your Xanadu. We sometimes get into relationships that seem to be full of promise only to find that once we move in with the other one that suddenly, it is like the other person turns into something completely different then what they used to be. Fear not, be strong of heart. If there was something there that you liked about the person in the first place, it is still there. It isn't a trap set to lure you into a sense of well being so they could then go for the juglar. No..it is only their co-dependent side coming out of the closet and their fear of being really close to someone that could ultimately hurt them that makes them this way. It is only through the loving and nurturing that you can provide that will bring them around and the loving person that was there at the first will come back to make life as it should be. This is not a job for the weak of heart however. It can be full of many years of longing for a better relationship, one where you get love in return. But..remember this. For every time that they do not tell you how they really feal, they are telling all their friends and acquaintences. You may hear about it later on or overhear it while it is going on but it does show that there is love in the nest.

So, be of good cheer, things will improve, it is your lot in life to be the anchor that hold the relationship together. Savor it, bask in the knowledge that you are the glue.

by Dude at March 20, 2003 8:08 PM