« i'm so tall, can't get over me | Main | back in the saddle again »

mg

i must be all these things

by mg at 02:14 PM on August 28, 2001

Nothing else in my life might be going the way I hoped it would, but yesterday marked a highlight in my online life; Bad Samaritan received itís 100,000th hit. I was going to throw some kind of celebration to commemorate the event, but instead I just layed on my living room floor and got high off painkillers and muscle relaxants.

However, I was thinking that I'd have some sort of big celebration to mark Bad Samaritan's 1-year anniversary, which is October 3rd. This celebration would, hopefully, involve me leaving the house and getting high on alcohol rather than painkillers and muscle relaxants. And I definitely wouldn't end up on my back, unless some of my female readers decide to congratulate me by ravishing my supple young body.

At any rate, if anyone is interested in heading out to New York in early October, let me know, and Iíll see what kinda party I can throw together.

I must be a real scrooge as far as the journalling community is concerned, because I've let 2 anniversaries of TripleB slip by without any kind of proper celebration. Granted the fact is that most of my audience joined me within the last year, and that means that next year I'll probably have to celebrate in some way. 3 years online is quite an achievement though.

by Mike at August 28, 2001 3:53 PM

I'm in. I'll head to New York City! I've always wanted to see the big city and its ample supply of artsy hos.

by Tom at August 28, 2001 5:00 PM

I'd love to come! Have we got anyone sponsoring the event, handing out free plane tickets and whatnot? No? Damn.

*sigh*

I've never been anywhere east of Arizona and I don't suspect that'll change anytime soon. I'll try to be there in spirit, but I might be too depressed about not being there in person to manage. Sorry.

by kd at August 28, 2001 6:07 PM

Ooh! Oooh! An excuse to go to NYC!

Wait, I have all the excuses I need: mg and best friend Jeffy. Now where's the cash... hmm.....

Well, I'll be there. It'll take me a while, though... see you in October! *starts walking to NYC from Iowa*

by snaggle at August 28, 2001 9:27 PM

I'd love to come. Unfortunatey I've promised Denise we'd go down to Galveston that weekend so I could meet her relatives before they die. Maybe for year two?

100000 hits...Wow! That is so great. I haven't even got half of that once I subtract all the AOL repeats and stuff. I am doing good to get 400 or 500 on a day. So at that rate it will probably be 2002 before I ever see 100K hits.

by Charles at August 28, 2001 9:41 PM

A party in NY? Well you KNOW I am in for that one! Maybe you could work the dates to the end of October and we could do a Halloween/BS party at the same time? (Then we could get Charles and Denise into the big apple!)

by Pristine at August 28, 2001 10:42 PM

Actually Pristine we're going to Austin/Laredo that weekend...just no fun, huh?

by Charles at August 29, 2001 9:54 PM

Is that the first weekend? Missouri seems so far away from everything. It's only 18 hours away. I'll come if I can find a good way to get there.

by Josh at August 31, 2001 8:59 AM

Ok so it seems the big deal is actually GETTING to NY. Josh, if I drove, (which that would be one HELL of a drive) I could go that way and pick you up. Actually what we all need to do is make it a road trip. Collecting Bad Samaraitans along the way...But KD Cali is so freaking out of the way babe! Charles, YES YOU ARE NO FUN! :0) Yeah well I think we need a vote on the weekend so we can GET YOU GUYS to the City!

by Pristine at August 31, 2001 11:39 AM

ROAD TRIP! Awesome. That would be fun to pick people up along the way and caravan there. Although, I wonder what Amtrack tickets cost. There are a few people that I'd like to see in NY.

by Josh at August 31, 2001 1:25 PM

Problem solved! We all could do a 70's stitch! LETS HITCH HIKE TO NY! Bad Samaritan or BUST! (the train thing would be cool though-it has to beat a bus to NY!)

by Pristine at August 31, 2001 2:25 PM