« Boys just wanna have fun | Main | Terrifies me, makes me party »

mg

apologies

by mg at 11:51 PM on October 23, 2006

The site is getting crushed under the weight of comment-spam. Hundreds and hundreds a day. All the time I have to devote to the site is devoted to deleting comment spam. And it is annoying as hell.

What is the worst thing about it is that I may have accidentally deleted some non-spam comments. I know for sure about one from Lock, and one from LTL. Unfortunately, these are non-recoverable.

Going to try a couple things, but it may come down to turning comments off for a bit to try to make this work again without the headaches.

jonny

by jonny at October 24, 2006 5:08 AM

Do what you need to do mg.

Fricken Comment bots, kill 'em all!

by Long Time Lurker at October 24, 2006 9:57 AM

screw you, jonny!

by Adam L. at October 24, 2006 10:01 AM

I'm using Blogger.com's built in spam filter. Had to do sumfin cuz my site started getting attention about a year ago. I don't even understand the point of command-spams. It's not like email, where if you send out a million, you'll hit on 10000. You can't send out a million comment spams. It's one, in one place, ever. It's not like there's millions of blogs (yet).

by fcsuper at October 24, 2006 3:19 PM

Jonny here is a perfect example of comment spam (link removed).

I hate you Jonny.

by mg at October 24, 2006 7:11 PM

As per above. And while we're at it we should delete my post He said you are depressed I'm glad you came to see me and get this off your chest. Every day some teenage junkie adds a comment to the relic.

by anna at October 24, 2006 7:11 PM

Yeah, aside from internet spam, I want to hurt the girl next door who keeps practicing her fucking piano every hour of the day and she lives in a studio, some asian piano concertist, and she thinks she's so fucking badass, yet, why doesn't she have a 'real' practice studio, I mean, Lincoln Center is about 5 blocks south of here.

really want to kill her sometimes. Even though I'm too nice to hurt anyone like that.

by LOCKHEED at October 25, 2006 6:02 PM

You need to get over that.

by anna at October 26, 2006 7:33 AM

Try pounding against the wall in time with the music. Then stop when she stops, It'll be a hoot.

by Long Time Lurker at October 29, 2006 12:40 PM

test

by mg at October 31, 2006 9:04 PM

LTL, that's ingenious.

I was thinking of blasting classic Beethoven, or even the soundtrack to Lawrence of Arabia.

but for now, I come home, and blast Jethro Tull, Cat Stevens, Martin Page(house of stone and light) and ACDC

by LOCKHEED at November 1, 2006 6:57 PM